Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Only Way to Master Love is to Practice Love.

The title of this blog comes from a quote from a book; 'The Mastery of Love' (READ IT). I can use this quote to justify the fact that I've been in so many relationships but then this quote goes on to say "You don't need to justify your love, you don't need to explain your love; you just need to practice your love. Practice creates the master." 


I have had the opportunity to love and be loved quite a bit. I remember an occasion I was singing at an open mic night, "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" a friend of mine mentioned that someone we knew and that she was sitting near her was mimicking me and said "but I won't love you tomorrow.." I had a bad reputation for dating a lot, maybe too much so I was a bit bothered by it.  But because of my past relationships and personal practiced love I have been led to the point I am at in regards to love.  I wouldn't be aware of the love I now have if it weren't for these past relationships. I may have dismissed it and missed something so beautiful.


Love is interesting. It really does happen when you least expect. It happens suddenly and you will ALWAYS fall hard. I believe that these are the only common traits of everyone's love. The amount of time it takes for an individual to fall in love varies, but it will be so strong (for as long as you choose to hold on to its strength). It is something you are practicing without even realizing it. It can be sooo dangerous if it isn't practiced correctly. True.ove will bring us to our highest and lowest points. The trick is strength and balance.

I've finally become lost in a beautiful love. It is the perfect balance of spiritual, emotional, physical and mental strength. Although, it is not easy at all. My love and I sometimes lose our balance but we both have a strong and pure love and weboth know how important it is to have this balance so we strive help one another as best as we can. It is work and it is hard, every single day it is hard,  but this love is powerful and together we are practicing our love and overcoming obstacles together because two is stronger than one. 

I am not one to fall into a long distance relationship but our trust and love is strong enough to reach across the earth . From the beginning of our relationship we have been apart. I left exactly one month after meeting him in order to pursue a dream. He trusted to let me go... He is now running around the world and I trust him enough to let him roam. It's beautiful. Being apart is terrible but our love and trust is deeper than distance. We are slowly becoming masters of our special love from afar.

He is better than any dream guy I could have ever come up with. A future with him seems so surreal but I'm looking forward to getting lost in love with him. I am looking forward to practicing our love together.



Here he is. 
He is the weirdest most adventurous man I have ever come to love and he melts my heart.



"Your melody harps in the trees, wanders the seas of my mind. I've told you once, I've been searching for you and I found you just in time...." Trevor Hall - Just in Time (song below) 


Practice your love, it may never be perfect but love is beautiful because it is imperfect.

Giddi





No comments:

Post a Comment